Friday, November 4, 2011

Sami is 1







Sami is 1 year old today. How is that possible? On one hand, it feels as though she was just born yesterday, but on the other hand, I barely remember my life before her and it's as though she has always been here with us.

This past year has been exhausting, overwhelming and emotional, but it's also brought me more joy than I've ever known before.

On Sunday we are having a big birthday in the park for Sami. We are expecting more than 60 adults and kids.

As for today, we've decided to have more of a private celebration. Tonight, Steven, Sami and I are going to celebrate her birthday together, just the three of us. We have so much for which to be grateful, and are looking forward to spending some alone time with Sami on her first birthday. Don't get me wrong, we are also extremely excited for her big party on Sunday, but in a very different way, we are equally excited for our small family celebration of just us three.

On Thursday night, our niece, Rachel, spent the night. She wanted to be here for a little bit of Sami's first birthday. And as if Sami knew her birthday was approaching, she woke up a few minutes before midnight. As you can see in the picture I've attached, Rachel read her a story to try to help her fall back asleep.

I've also included a few photos from Sami's first Halloween. Anyone that knows us, knows that we love Halloween. But this year's Halloween was by far the best one yet, because we got to share it with Sami.

No comments:

Post a Comment