Sunday, June 5, 2011

A new milestone!

Sami started sitting up independently today! For some reason, it almost made me cry. Everything she does amazes me, and I could sit and watch her for hours without getting bored.

Today we went to a birthday party in the park. The birthday girl was turning 1 year old, and the party was beautiful. The parents went all out, and I think it was the fanciest party-in-the-park we have ever seen. The only con was how hot it was. But we had a great time, and are planning a night to go out with the birthday girl and her parents. Steven and I really like both of them a lot.

Tomorrow morning Sami is having a check-up, and will most likely be getting shots. Hopefully she won't be too miserable afterward. I hate it when she isn't feeling well. Part of me though is looking forward to her doctor's appointment, so I can find out how she is doing, how much she weighs, etc.

I still can't believe that Sami is 7 months old already. It feels like just yesterday when I sat with her in the hospital, waiting until she was big enough to come home. Those two weeks felt like an eternity, and my heart felt torn every time I had to leave her side. Now, 7 months later, Sami and I are inseparable, and I feel as though everything is just as it should be. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment