Sunday, July 3, 2011

Dear Time: Please Slow Down!!






It's been a while since I've written, but not because there hasn't been anything to write about! So much has happened in the past couple of weeks.

What I am most excited about is that we finally have a date for the adoption finalization. On Friday, July 8, Steven, Sami and I, along with our attorney, will be going in front of a judge to officially welcome Sami as our own. Of course, she is already ours, in every sense of the word. But now it will be legal!! It's such a relief, and I can't wait until the judge makes it official!

This week also brought two teeth for Sami! The first one broke through her gums on Wednesday, and the second one on Friday. They aren't much more than sharp white dots, but they're there!

And of course, two weeks ago, Sami had her baby-naming ceremony in the synagogue. I am so happy that all of her aunts and uncles, and most of her cousins, in addition to three grandparents, a great-grandmother and several of our friends were here to share it with us. The weekend couldn't have been better. The only bad part of the weekend was saying goodbye to her aunts, uncles and cousins who do not live nearby.

As for the naming itself, it was very emotional to hear Sami being named after my father, and I hope he was there in spirit at temple with us. I hope he is proud, and I hope Sami one day understands what a great man she is named after. Time goes by so quickly, and it's hard to believe that Sami will be 8 months old on Monday. There are so many moments when I say that I wish I could freeze time, and just hold onto that moment forever.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So happy that it will now be finalized and official for you!

    She is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And imagine it is just beginning

    ReplyDelete