Monday, May 31, 2010

Weirdest dreams...

So I think I've been having dreams about babies every night this week. But probably not the dreams most people have when it comes to babies.
Mine all involve adoption.
The first dream I had entailed Steven and me sitting in a hospital waiting room, waiting for the news about the baby while Elizabeth was in labor. (I'm hoping in real life that Elizabeth invites us into the room yet, but that hasn't been decided, yet.) Anyway, this waiting room was filled with other couples who were adopting and waiting for the news. See, I told you: the dreams are weird.
Anyway, I think everyone's attorney was inside the rooms with each birth mother for some reason. Suddenly one of the attorneys comes out (not ours) into the waiting room and announces that a woman in the hospital just decided at the last second to give up her baby for adoption and it's a girl, and did any of the couples want to adopt two babies instead of one since we were all approved already? And then couples started fighting over the baby and who would get to adopt her.
Luckily the following dreams haven't been as weird as that first one. Last night's dream just consisted of me trying on about 20 outfits when we got the call to come to the hospital because our baby was being born. I kept trying on the craziest outfits because I couldn't decide what to wear. In my dream, I settled on this outlandish dress. (Perhaps this was because we went to the "Cheesy '80s Prom" at Respectables in West Palm Beach last night.)

No comments:

Post a Comment