Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Busy, but happy

Sami's next doctor appointment is early Thursday morning. I scheduled her appointment for 8:30 a.m. this month, since it's the doctor's first appointment of the day. When I go later in the day, there always winds up being a very long wait, so I'm hoping to avoid that this month. I'm excited to find out what Sami weighs and how tall she is this month. I can't believe she is almost 5-and-a-half months old already! I'm already getting a little sad when I think about how fast she is growing up, and Steven keeps saying that I'm going to be a complete wreck when she starts school one day. I'm sure he is right.

Last night, Sami slept almost 12 hours! She had stopped sleeping through the night again, so it was shocking how much she slept last night. Of course I didn't sleep as well as her because I kept checking on her to make she was OK with as soundly as she was sleeping.

I've been spending a lot of time making our kitchen a kosher kitchen. I have been working this week on separating our kitchen (dishes, silverware, pots and pans, etc.) by meat and dairy. We had already been having only kosher food in our house for about a month, but I hadn't separated our dishes. I'm determined to finish that this week, before Passover begins. And following Passover, we will continue to have a kosher home. Today I went back up to the kosher market in Boca, and bought the rest of the things we need for Passover, and kosher chicken, turkey, etc. I think I will be going to the kosher market about twice a month throughout the year. Luckily, there are also a couple of grocery stores nearby that have a decent kosher departments.

Next week I am officially starting the editor position at the business trade magazine, in addition to doing my other freelance work. Steven is continuing to work all day at his regular job, and coming home at night working on freelance work he has been getting. We are busy and tired, but we are happy. :) And more importantly, Sam is happy, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment