Monday, November 28, 2011

Sami's better :)

I am writing at 2:40 a.m. with Sami awake next to me. She is definitely feeling better, however when she was sick she stopped sleeping through the night. It seems that even though she is not sick anymore, the middle-of-the-night waking has become a habit. It's OK though, as I am sure it is temporary, and I am just so happy she is feeling better.

In the morning, we have Mommy & Me class, then I have lots of work to do, so I will be putting lots of toys out so that hopefully Sami will keep busy and let me get some work done. We'll have to see how that goes.

Thanksgiving was great this year. We went to my sister's house to celebrate the holiday, and Sami had a great time playing with her cousins. Thanksgiving is always such a fun time, and always reminds me of all the great people for which I am thankful. I have yet to find a food that Sami will not eat, and Thanksgiving did not prove to have any exceptions. She happily ate turkey, potatoes and vegetables, and even had cake for dessert.

Sami continues to change every day. She is not walking independently yet, but is becoming very fast at "furniture walking," also known as "cruising." Also when she hears music, she loves to dance, and even tries to sing along here and there, which always makes me laugh. And now when a stranger stops us to admire Sami, she looks up at me and if I'm smiling she will look back at the admirer and flash a smile as well. It's almost as though she wants my approval that the stranger is trustworthy enough of a person with whom to share a smile. :)

Somehow I love Sami more each day, and I don't know how that's possible. It's as though my heart is growing each day, filling with more love for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment