Sunday, September 26, 2010

a butternut squash!

We had a busy day, and it was the most I've been out of the house in a long time. Baby Love has declared Chapter 11, and everything in the store is 35 percent off... well everything except the strollers and car seats. So today we bought a crib mattress, (we already have the crib and changing table, thanks to Steven's parents!), a diaper bag, and a crib mattress pad. We are going back for a diaper genie, after checking prices in other stores and realizing the deal at Baby Love for it was still cheaper than anywhere else will be. Then we came home so I could rest my back for a while and Steven had some work to do. We then went back out tonight to Wal-Mart to look at the Winnie-the-Poo bedding and mobile I saw at walmart.com. The items looked really nice, but the prices were cheaper online so I'm going to order it and just have it set up that we can pick it up at the store, since that way there is no charge for shipping. We then went out for dinner for the first time in almost 6 weeks, and although I was in a lot of pain it felt great to feel like we actually had a "date night."

I also spoke to Elizabeth today. She sounded very tired. She said that Baby S is extremely active, and said she can actually see when she kicks her on her stomach if she watches!! I find that so amazing. I can't believe the due date is now only 10 weeks and 5 days away. We paid the whopping check for Cobra insurance today, so once our insurance is re-set up, we will be getting physical exams, which is one of the last things we have left to do for the adoption process. I can't believe this is all happening so soon. It doesn't seem so long ago when we first matched with Elizabeth in May, although at that time December sounded so far away. We are so excited!

According to babycenter.com, Baby S is now about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. Steven and I already talk about our hopes and dreams for Baby S. Of course, he wants her to be an athlete. I want her to have diversified interests and be "girly." But of course most importantly, we want her to be healthy and happy. I can't believe that in 2 and a half months we are going to be parents!

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you!! Can't wait for Baby S to meet Baby H...lol its down to the wire for both us!!!
    Love
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too - trying to get it all in order

    Happy and healthy

    ReplyDelete