Thursday, September 30, 2010

not having a good day

I'm feeling down in the dumps today. I'm in a lot of pain. It seems worse again the past couple of days. My physical therapist said that it's probably due to all of the rain we have been having.

In addition to all of the other drama with Elizabeth, she spent last night in the hospital. She has had a bad cold and last night she felt like she couldn't breathe, and called 911 and took an ambulance to the hospital. It turns out she has a bad case of bronchitis, and was dehydrated. They kept her overnight on IV fluids, and IV antibiotics, and discharged her today with a couple of prescriptions. While she was in the hospital they did an ultrasound and tons of blood work and said that everything is great with the baby. The night before this Elizabeth called me to say hello. I was super sweet to her, and she was just as nice to me. But inside I was screaming because I know I can't trust her. She didn't mention anything about shopping around to get more money for the baby. I didn't expect her to.

One of my freelance jobs has not been going well. There is a ton of office drama there and it's been extremely stressful, and I am not sure it is even worth what they are paying me. I am putting feelers out there to see if I can pick up extra work somewhere else, so I'll see what happens there.

Steven and I often feel that we are alone in this adoption process, and that people really do not understand what we are going through. I guess it's difficult to truly understand any situation unless you are in it, though. It's just that we are investing so much emotion, time and thousands and thousands of dollars into this, and all we want in the end out of it all is to be parents. We are so scared that will never happen for us.

1 comment:

  1. its become very stressful and even more on Joyce.

    Any help that anyone can offer would be great

    ReplyDelete