Saturday, January 1, 2011

The happy baby



We feel as though we have a new child. She laughs. She coos. She smiles so often. Sami has changed into a happy baby!! It is such an amazing feeling to see her so happy. I believe she must have been in a lot of pain before starting this new formula. The expression on her face is even completely different.

On Thursday morning I put her in her bouncer chair, which usually makes her scream. But instead, as soon as I turned on the vibration button, she started laughing. She was hysterical sitting in her chair, literally cracking up. I quickly took a photo, which I've posted here.

Also on Thursday, I put Sami in her Pack N Play, which also usually makes her scream, so I could do a couple of things in the house. Usually I have to walk around holding her because every time you set her down, she screams. Well she seemed very comfortable in her Pack N Play when I set her inside on her back on Thursday morning, so I left her for a few minutes. When I came back she was on her stomach!! She had rolled over. I then walked away again for a minute and when I came back, she was on her back, having rolled back over!! Our pediatrician says it takes amazing strength for a 7-pound baby to roll herself over. Sam is continuing to make us proud.

We are looking forward to a new year of new milestones.

1 comment:

  1. You don't know how big a change this seems for us.

    She also gets her shots next week and can be out and about with us

    Hope everyone has a great new year and more to come from us this year

    ReplyDelete