Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!
























So it's after midnight on January 4, which means it's officially my birthday. So far, it's been pretty great. Right at midnight on the dot, my mother called me and played "happy birthday" on the piano, Steven brought me a beautiful card (he gave me my gift early over the weekend), Sami started screaming, and our cat, Lucky, came over to me. I believe Sami and Lucky both knew it was my birthday. Sami stopped screaming at 12:03 a.m., after she was done saying happy birthday to me in her way.

Steven got me the Nook, and I've already downloaded 3 books and am having fun learning the ropes on how to use it. On Tuesday evening, my family is all meeting at my mom's house for birthday cake.

On Wednesday, Sami is scheduled for her two-month vaccinations, which means it's safer to take her out in public, so we may go out to dinner one night this week. While babies are usually born with their mother's immunities, those immunities are passed along in the last two months of the pregnancy, so Sami was born with very few of those immunities, so we've had to be very careful about taking her around people and germs. I actually have been fighting a cold the past few days, which I find so ironic because I was so nervous about someone being contagious around Sami. I never thought it would be me!! Luckily, the Zicam I began taking right when my symptoms began seems to be knocking the cold out.

My life has changed a lot since my last birthday. Of course the best change is welcoming Sami into her home. And of course we've had a few rough times this past year, losing two precious cats, and me injuring my back more in August. Last year at this time, we had just moved into the house that now really feels like home, and were imagining what it would be like to have a child here. Today, I can't imagine our home without Sami here.

2 comments: