Friday, February 25, 2011

on the hunt for the perfect journal

I have decided to start a journal of letters to Sami. I am looking for the perfect book, as I want to hand-write the letters, so she can have it as a keepsake one day. There are so many things I want to tell her, such as how I felt today just watching her sleep, and how cute she looks discovering things like her hands and her feet. If anyone knows of any stores or websites that carry unique journals, please let me know!

I find myself going to sleep earlier than ever before. Anyone that knows me knows that I have always been a night owl, and knows that I do not need much sleep to function. It's not unusual for me to pull an all-nighter working, and yet still somehow manage to function the entire next day on very little sleep, or sometimes on no sleep at all. But now that I'm awake very early on a regular basis with Sami, usually between 5 and 6 a.m., I find myself tired and heading to bed around 11 p.m., and when I am pretty sure Sami is asleep for the night, which is extremely early for me. It's been such a luxury with her sleeping 6-7 hours a night lately, aside from a night here and there of course when she just doesn't seem to want to sleep.

On that note, it's almost midnight so it's past my bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment