Monday, September 5, 2011

10 months old






Sami is 10 months old. It's so hard to believe. We are already starting to think about what kind of party we are going to have for her 1st birthday. How in the world is she almost 1 year old already? Time is going by way too quickly.

It's been almost one month since I've last blogged, so I've got a lot of catching up to do. Last week we took Sami to Orlando to visit Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. We go there every August for our anniversary, and this year was even more special than previous years, because we had Sami with us. She met a ton of characters, and the truth is that I am not sure if Sami liked the characters better or if the characters liked her better! She had no fear, and smiled with delight every time she was approached by a character. I've attached two photos here, one with Sami and Marilyn Monroe, and one with Sami and Thing 1 and Thing 2. Sami also was permitted to go on a few rides, and really loved those, too. Watching her smile and listening to her laugh made me feel so great.

Sami has been doing a lot of smiling and laughing lately. Our dogs, Penny and Java, have been making her crack up lately. She's been really playing with them, and she laughs so hard when they run around her and get silly.

Today we brought Sami to the Museum of Science and Discovery. I think it would have been a little more fun for her if she was walking, but she still seemed to enjoy herself, and Steven and I had a great time even though the museum is really geared toward kids. In fact, we probably had more fun than Sami did.

Sami bring so much happiness to my life. I never knew you could love someone this much. Making sure she is healthy and happy are becoming the most important goals for me, and watching her smile warms my heart like nothing I can explain. She continues to amaze me each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment