Sunday, September 18, 2011

Feeling a bit emotional


Sami is becoming less like a baby and more like a little girl. It seems like it is happening all of the sudden. Everywhere we put her, she finds a way to stand up. She stands up in her crib, in the pack and play, even in her high chair! She crawls to me and pulls herself up to standing. She's also grown a lot more hair, and it seems like it all happened over night.

Of course these are all good things, and I am happy she is healthy and growing. But I admit it also makes me a little sad because I feel like she is growing up way too quickly. I don't know where the past 10 months have gone. It feels like it was just yesterday when I was so distraught missing her while she spent two weeks in the NICU after she was born.

She is just becoming so independent. She doesn't even want me to feed her so much anymore. She prefers for me to give her something to eat on her high chair tray that she can feed herself. She eats eggs, potatoes, cheese, chicken, waffles, pancakes, etc. She really loves all food.

Sometimes I can just sit and watch her play for hours. It makes me so happy when she is happy.

On Saturday I wasn't feeling well (after having a root canal on Friday), and was pretty much resting all day. When I finally felt better and got up and went over to play with her, she looked up at me excitedly and with a smile said "momma momma!" My heart just melted at that moment.

1 comment:

  1. You would not believe the changes. Simply a sight to see

    ReplyDelete