Monday, September 26, 2011

Busy, busy baby

It's 2 a.m. and I've now been awake for 20 hours, as Sami woke me up at 6 a.m. yesterday morning. I should be exhausted, but for some reason, I'm not. So I did some work, then watched a little TV, but yet I am still awake.

Another reason I should be exhausted right now is how busy Sami keeps us. She is now "furniture walking," meaning she is walking holding on to things. It's cute to watch but she falls sometimes so we have to keep a close eye on her. She is so busy, and just doesn't want to sit still. No matter where you put her down, she crawls to the closest thing she finds, pulls herself up, and takes small steps toward the next thing she sees, all while strategically holding on as she moves. If she walks with a toy in one of her hands and then drops the toy, she is able to bend down, pick the toy up, and then continue on her journey.

We also had to break down and buy a new high chair this weekend. The one we had been using was passed along to us by a friend, and the straps were missing. It had been working out fine, until the past week or so when Sami realized she could stand up in her high chair since she was not strapped in. She would stand up to eat, leaning over to pick each bite off of her tray. We'd keep putting her back to a sitting position, but she always got right back up. Then the kicker came when she realized she could actually climb out of her highchair by climbing out of the chair onto the tray.

So in other words, Sami is very busy, which in turn keeps us very busy. But I'm not complaining honestly. I love to watch her play, and she is just such a character. She makes me laugh all the time. And it's contagious because when she laughs, I laugh, and when I laugh, she laughs, which of course makes me laugh harder.

1 comment: