Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy Birthday, and Happy New Year!

So it's after midnight, and officially my birthday, which also means Sami is 14 months old today.

Today is a big birthday for me. It's the 11th anniversary of my 29th birthday. :) It's hard to believe.

It's also just a few days after welcoming in 2012--something else that's hard to believe. We had a really fun New Year's Eve. We went bowling, and yes, Sami came along. She hung out and clapped for us and had a great time.

Getting older never really bothered me before, but now with Sami here, I find myself thinking about my own mortality on this birthday, wanting to always be with Sami for every one of her lifetime milestones. So this year I'm feeling a bit melancholy.

Yesterday was also the Hebrew anniversary of my father's passing, and as I lit a Yartzeit candle for him, while holding Sami in my arms, I shared some happy memories of him with her.

That said, as a whole, I am really happy today--happy and grateful, for my wonderful husband and daughter, and for the family on both of our sides who we know are always there. Happy New Year. This year I hope for health and happiness for all of our loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment