Wednesday, December 1, 2010

She's a crier!!



Sami has her weekly appointment with the pediatrician today. She's doing great, except for the fact that she is very fussy, doesn't sleep through the night (even though I wake her every few hours to feed her, she doesn't sleep solid during the times between the feedings), and screams at the top of her lungs sometimes and it's hard to console her for quite a while. Sometimes once she gets a bottle it calms her down, but she seems to want to eat sometimes every two hours. I'm hoping that we can increase her from 2 1/2 ounces (which she eats now) to 3 ounces, and maybe that will help the situation, since most of the time she eagerly finishes the 2 1/2 ounces. We have to be careful though to give her too much at a time due to her small stomach size.

I'm curious to find out how much she has grown. I keep telling everyone that she is getting so big. Most people laugh at me, and tell me that she is tiny. My mom laughed at me today. She asked me what size her clothes were. I told her they were still preemie clothes and that newborn was still way too big. So she reminded me that if she is still wearing preemie clothes, then she is still very small. She did agree that her face has filled out a lot, and she definitely looks bigger than she did at her 3 pound 9 ounce birth weight, but that she is still very small. But seriously, I do not think she is small anymore! Maybe it's because I'm with her 24/7 and notice every change, but to me she seems to have grown so much. I'm expecting her to weigh around 5 pounds and 3 ounces today, considering the pediatrician said she should gain about 1 ounce a day for a little while, but we shall see.

In other news, Steven fed Sami for the first time!! It was a huge help to me to have one feeding break, especially since last night Sami pulled one of her all-nighters and I had literally been awake more than 24 hours. I had finally just fallen asleep when Sami decided to scream, and Steven got up and fed her. I had taught him how to heat a bottle and how to feed her and burp her a little while ago, and he finally did it! This was a very momentous occasion for me, as I finally got a break for one feeding!!

She did of course wake up an hour later, and has been awake ever since so I am up with her now, but the break was still nice. She is actually in her room, in her crib right now, and I am sitting in the glider chair with my laptop. She seems to know that I am here because she stopped crying when I came in the room. I didn't even pick her up, just went up to the crib where she looked up at me, stopped crying and went back to sleep. But she is making a lot of noise and is being fussy, and every time I leave the room she starts to scream bloody murder. I am not sure if me being in the room is comforting for her, or if it's the sound of clicking of the keys on my computer, but no matter what the reason, if it's keeping her calm, I'm not moving. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment