Monday, November 29, 2010

An easier night

Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon considering it's only 5 a.m., but tonight has been a much easier night. Every three hours after Sami had her bottle, I held her until she fell asleep in my arms and then set her down and she actually slept until the next bottle!! I have gotten more than two hours of solid sleep between each bottle so far tonight, which is the most I've gotten since she came home.

Saturday night/Sunday morning, I was not so lucky. Sami was awake literally all night long and I wasn't able to go to sleep until 11:30 a.m. and then woke up at 1 p.m. when it was time for her next bottle. So considering I only slept 90 minutes the whole night, three two-hour blocks of sleep is amazing tonight!!

I spent most of Sunday very tired, but tried to keep Sami as awake as possible between feedings with hopes she would sleep better tonight and it seems to have worked! My sister and niece came over for a visit late in the day and I was like a zombie while they were here. My niece helped me take care of Sami for a few minutes, until the sight of spit-up made her run. lol.

On Sunday evening, Sami didn't scream as loud as usual during her bath, which was also good. One day I was sure I was going to have social services knocking on my door after one of her baths due to all of her screaming.

Sami is an extremely active baby. You cannot turn your back to her even for a minute when you put her down on the changing table as she rolls and squirms all over the place. She is so alert and curious and often has her eyes open and looks all over the room, seeming to be trying to take in everything. Every day is an adventure with Sami, and I can't even describe the love I feel when I look into her beautiful face. I feel so lucky, and I am so grateful, that she is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment