Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tilda

I am in love with an NICU nurse named Tilda, who got my daughter to take two entire bottles tonight. One at 8:30 p.m. and one at 2:30 a.m. The second one only took Sami 15 minutes to finish. I don't understand why all of the nurses can't be like Tilda, after dealing with two not-so-great nurses over the past couple of days. I pray that her daytime nurse will be as patient.

It's almost 4 a.m. I finally finished proofing pages that I have to drop off at 9:30 a.m., and then will be heading to the hospital. I'm still awake since I'm so happy about Sami's night, but hopefully will be asleep before 4:30 a.m., then I have to be up before 8 a.m. and will have another long day ahead of me. My back, which had been feeling a lot better, is hurting something fierce right now. I'm laying on an ice pack, and hoping that feels better in the morning, too.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic - how did she do it??? Learn from her

    ReplyDelete
  2. She feeds great from me, too, so there is nothing I need to learn from her. In fact, the nurses say it's too bad I can't be there 24/7 (even though I'm there as close to that as possible) because she eats the best when I feed her. It was just the nurse the previous day who didn't want to give her a bottle, and only wanted to tube her.

    ReplyDelete