Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Not a great day

Today was upsetting. I spent the day in NICU at the hospital with her. Her nurse today said it could be a few more weeks before Sami can come home because she is eating poorly and is being tube fed. I was expecting her to be home this weekend or early next week, so this was heartbreaking. They can't and won't predict when she will come home, because they say it's really up to Sami. I had a talk with her about her needing to eat from the bottle so that she can home. I came home for a little bit, and will most likely be heading back up tonight. The hospital is 45 minutes each way, so I'm spending a ton of time driving back and forth, and losing a lot of freelance work, since I am spending most of my time with her in the hospital. It's worth it, of course, and I hate every second I am away with her. I just want her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment