Tuesday, November 2, 2010

waiting game

A pretty decent day turned into a very stressful one around 6 p.m. At Elizabeth's regular check-up this afternoon, the ultrasound showed very low amniotic fluid, and Elizabeth was immediately admitted to the hospital.

Tonight they are monitoring her, doing blood work, and giving her tons of fluid both orally and intravenously, with the hope that she is just dehydrated. However, if the fluid level doesn't increase, this is not safe for Baby S, and they will have to induce labor. Right now it's a waiting game.

It's hoped that Baby S will stay inside Elizabeth longer, as she is only 34 and a half weeks along, and Baby S only weighs 4 pounds and 2 ounces right now.

We planned to go to the hospital tonight to visit Elizabeth but she didn't answer my phone calls, but did answer my texts right away for some reason. I asked her if she was up for visitors, and she replied with "I'm fine. There's no need to come up here." Then I replied with that "I wanted to be there," and "can you talk on the phone instead of just texting?" She finally replied with "Yes, but give me 20 minutes." I called her 30 minutes later and she didn't answer. I don't understand why she didn't answer my calls, but if I texted her she wrote back immediately. I am done calling her or texting her tonight because I don't want it to seem as though I am harassing her, but I expect to be worried all night, and not get much sleep. In the morning, I will contact the attorney and try to reach Elizabeth again.

No comments:

Post a Comment