Sunday, November 28, 2010

Not so tiny to me!


It's after 2 a.m. and I just finished feeding Sami. It's only a few hours away before I have to wake her (if she doesn't wake me first) for her next feeding. She is wide awake, even though I held her for a while with hopes she would fall sleep. I put her down but she is laying there making baby noises and looking around the room with wide curious eyes. She isn't crying though, and seems to be happy entertaining herself for the time being.

Today was a nice Saturday. I took Sami for a walk in her stroller, and Penny came along. Penny, our greyhound, has decided her new role in this family is to protect Sami. At every cry or sound, she runs to Sami's side, sometimes getting to her before even I do. It's sweet; she looks from me to Sami completely helpless. I think she wishes she could hold Sami. She even barks and growls at some people when they approach Sami, although she does seem to have calmed down on that front.

Tonight my friend Jesse came over to meet Sami, and she kept saying she couldn't believe how tiny she is. It's funny to me now when people say that, because at 4 pounds and 12 ounces, Sami doesn't look small to me anymore. Her face is filling out and she has adorable little cheeks now. To me, she seems like she has grown so much and isn't so small anymore, so it really seems odd to me when people still remark that she is "so tiny." I guess it's just a matter of perspective. After all, as you can tell by the attached photo, pacifier is about half the size of her beautiful face.

No comments:

Post a Comment