Saturday, November 27, 2010

another night with Sami

It's almost 4:30 a.m. and I just finished feeding Sami. She ate very slowly tonight, and it took her almost an hour to finish just 1 1/2 ounces of formula. She is now in the bassinet next to me as I lay in bed typing on my laptop, while I listen to her steady breathing as she sleeps.

I'm exhausted but sometimes it takes me a little while to fall back asleep after feeding her each time. Last night I think I slept 2 and a half hours total, and considering she'll need to eat again at 6 a.m. I am not expecting tonight to be much more than last night. It's funny the way we adapt.

I definitely notice the two inches Sami has grown. The preemie clothes are actually still a little wide, but when it comes to the onesies with the feet, they are starting to be a little short and I think that soon she may not be able to extend her legs fully out when she wears them. I am thinking of cutting the feet part off of the outfits and putting socks on her feet, because I think the newborn size will still be too big for her to wear. The preemie clothes that are regular pants without feet still fit her just fine.

Sami "talks" in her sleep. She may little noises, and I love listening to her. Sometimes the sound like squeaks, but usually they sound like little baby cooing noises, if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment