Friday, November 12, 2010

Missing Sami

Sami now weighs 3 pounds and 14 ounces. It's so great that she is gaining weight every day. Now we just need to get her to eat better. That's her biggest challenge still. Tonight when I fed her, she took about half the bottle and had to have the rest through the tube. The same thing happened during the day when I fed her, and during the feeding the nurse did when I wasn't there. If I wake up after her 3 a.m. and 6 a.m. feeding, I will call the NICU to see how each of those feedings went.

I spent most of the day with her today. Then tonight Steven was able to go with me when I went back to the hospital, and we got home shortly before 1 a.m.

Tomorrow we have an appointment to meet with a pediatrician that was highly recommended to me. She does consultations with new parents to introduce herself and answers questions before you bring in your child for the first time. After that Steven will be going back to work, and I will head back up to the hospital. I hate that I can't go there first thing in the morning to see Sami, but I know that meeting the pediatrician is important.

But more than anything, I just want Sami home with us. When I leave her, I feel that I am leaving a piece of myself behind. I miss her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment