Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What a day

Sami's temperature fluctuated throughout the day on Wednesday. It started off early in the morning at 98.7, but by the afternoon it was up to 99.5, and a little later it was up to 100.1. So since the pediatrician said she wanted to hear from me either way on Wednesday, either to say she is all better and reschedule her well-check-up, or to say she is still sick, I called and said I'm not sure which to say since she seems to be feeling better, but still has a little bit of a fever, and still has a touch of stomach upset. I spoke to a nurse who didn't know either and left a message for the doctor, who finally called me back in the evening. She said that she is not worried as long as her temperature stays below 100.5, and that the virus is just running its course. She said that she expects Sami will be all better by the weekend, and can have her four-month well-check-up and vaccinations any day next week. In the meantime, Sami and I are pretty much stuck inside the rest of the week, since her resistance may be low right now as far catching anything else. I'm thinking that I'll at least take her to the park for a little while on Thursday, just so we can both get some fresh air.

While I was on the phone with the nurse during the day, the appointment desk at the pediatrician's office called my cell phone and left me a rude message that we didn't show up for Sami's well-check-up on Tuesday morning! What idiots! Did she not see that I was there for two hours on Monday afternoon when Sami was sick? It reminds of an expression my mother always says: "The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing." In addition, when I left the doctor's office on Monday at 5:30 p.m. I stopped at the appointment desk to make sure they were aware I wouldn't be back on Tuesday morning for her scheduled appointment, and the receptionist said she would take care of it. This kind of stupidity drives me insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment