Tuesday, October 12, 2010

good week work-wise

Today was another busy day. I think I mentioned that I left one of my editing jobs at the magazine. In its place, I got a new gig editing the clothing catalogs for a company called Boston Proper, which sells somewhat-pricey ladies clothing and accessories. I am really liking the work, and am becoming a bit humble as I thought I knew a lot more about fashion than I actually do. I am learning a lot of the correct fashion terms, materials, etc., so that I can edit the catalogs accurately. I also got another freelance job over the weekend, editing website copy, brochures, and an e-book for a local company. I placed an ad over the weekend offering writing and editing services, and already had three calls on it in the first two days. So I am very busy, and working hard. This will be a good week for me work-wise.

Tuesday morning I am having my physical exam, which is very close to the last thing we have to do as part of the adoption process. Steven has to go back to the doctor he went to for his physical last week, because they called today to tell him they lost his urine sample. Thank goodness I am not going to the same doctor.

Then I have physical therapy in the afternoon. I guess it is going well. At least my therapist seems to think so. He is encouraging me to get a treadmill for the house. One of the activities I do at therapy which helps a lot is walking on the treadmill at a very high incline (between 7 and 9 percent). My therapist says this is much healthier than walking at no level, such as the way walking outside would be, because the incline stretches the nerve and muscles. He is saying that walking on an incline like that 3 times a day for a little while should become something I do every day for the rest of my life, to keep the nerves down my legs healthy. I have been pricing treadmills--both new ones and used ones. My therapist has told me to start pricing them, so that when he tells me it is time for me to get one, I will know which one to purchase. He doesn't have any suggestions on which model to buy, because he says it doesn't matter as long as it is one I will use regularly, which makes sense. The most important thing is that it has a power incline, so I don't have to manually incline the treadmill all of the time. Right now its after midnight, and I'm having my usual nighttime pain in my foot and toes. I spent a good part of the weekend looking at shoes, and didn't have much luck. I am having a very rough time finding shoes I can wear that don't make me want to scream in pain. I never imagined the day where I would have trouble shopping for shoes!!!

Well that's about all for now. I need to get back to work for a little while before heading to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like we both are busy - sheesh

    Still laugh that they lost my pee

    Can't wait for our little girl and to tell her that story.

    ReplyDelete