Saturday, October 9, 2010

today was a "baby day"

Today was a very productive "baby day." Earlier today I went to Buy Buy Baby, where we are also registered, with my mom and sister to show them the stroller Steven and I have been looking at. It's only nine pounds, and it's the lightest stroller you can buy, aside from umbrella strollers. My mom and sister also really liked it. Steven and I liked in the color called "tropical," which is orange. They had lots of strollers in stock in that color, but the matching car seat had to be ordered, and it can take about two to three weeks to come in. So today I ordered the car seat. When the store calls that the car seat is in, we will go pick it up and buy the stroller at the same time.

Then later today, Steven and I went to Walmart because the items I ordered for the nursery came in. Tonight I will open everything and look at it all, and make sure I love it as much as I did from the photos on the website. We ordered a bedding set, a floor rug, a mobile, appliques for the wall and a pop-up hamper, all within the Winnie the Pooh theme.

So things are coming along. We still need a pad for the changing table, clothes, a baby monitor, a pack and play, and of course, diapers, bottles, and lots of other things I am probably not even thinking of. I'd also like to find a little lamp for her room that has something to do with Winnie the Pooh.

I seem to be feeling a little better during the day, and have most of my pain at night now. I'm thankful to feel better during the day, but I dread the nighttime when the pain is at its worst.

But we are focusing on the baby these days. When we were in Walmart Steven saw a Nebraska baby onesie outfit, and he couldn't resist. We bought it in the 6-9 months size for a little bit down the road. Of course we are saving tags and receipts for everything we are buying because we are still nervous about Elizabeth flaking out in the end. But we really are trying to think positive, and are planning for this baby to become part of our family very soon. I try not to think about the idea of anything else happening, because I know it would break my heart. I am already so attached to this baby.

Instead of having a baby shower, we have decided to have a "coming out" party for Baby S when she is about 2-3 weeks old, for friends and family to meet her. I am guessing this will be sometime between Christmas and New Year's. Elizabeth is now due in 8 weeks and 6 days. I can't believe it! :)

1 comment:

  1. You guys should see all the stuff - its great and we have also started putting up Halloween decorations as well

    ReplyDelete