Saturday, May 28, 2011

It's going to be a long Saturday!

It's going to be a long day!

Sami fell asleep around 7 p.m. on Friday evening, after two hours of crying and screaming. She and I have colds and she was miserable most of the day. 7 p.m. is very early for Sami to go to sleep so I thought she would just nap for a little while, but she kept on sleeping. I tossed around the idea of waking her up around 10 or 11 and giving her a bottle, but since she looked so peaceful, and hadn't been feeling well, I decided to just let her sleep. Now I'm thinking that might have been a mistake, because now it's 4 am. and Sami is wide awake. She thinks it is morning and time to start the day and wants to play! I held her and played with her for a little while, and I was just able to get her to keep herself occupied playing on her activity mat with toys all around her, but I know that will only last so long and she will want more human interaction soon. It's going to be a long day, especially because I have the final proof of the magazine due on Sunday morning, and also have to finish editing the appendix for the author's book this weekend. I imagine I will be doing this on very little sleep, while taking care of Sami, who has her hours totally mixed up now.

The house is quiet, and Sami is playing happily (while sneezing often) and Penny is dozing on the couching lightly snoring. Though I'm tired, and stressed at the idea of balancing working and taking care of Sami on very litle sleep, I'm at peace as I watch her play. Yes she has a cold, but she is safe and happy and healthy. It makes the lack of sleep, the challenging schedule and everything else all worth it. I would be happy to stop time in this moment, watching my beautiful daughter smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment