Friday, July 2, 2010

Heading to sleep at last

It's about 12:30 a.m. and I have no idea how I am still awake and functioning. I wound up pulling an actual all-nighter last night, like the kind you pull when you are in college studying for finals. I went to sleep at 7:30 a.m. Thursday morning after working ALL night. I then slept until about 10:30 a.m. and got up and went to work at the magazine, stopped at Publix on my way home from work, made dinner, and did a little more work for my other freelance job at the newspaper. I'm finally about to go to sleep, and though it will probably be close to 1 a.m. before I fall asleep, I think this may be my earliest night this week.

Our attorney is out of town this week and next week. Tomorrow I am expecting to speak with the paralegal in her office to work out the details for me being with Elizabeth for the amnio on Tuesday. We have left it up to Elizabeth if she wants to meet me at the doctor's office, or if she would like me to pick her up, and maybe have lunch and chat for a little while before the appointment. Either way, I will be offering to drive her home after the appointment. She does not have a car and needs to take three buses to get to the perinatologist who will be performing the procedure. After the amnio, she is supposed to rest as much as possible for about two days, as there is a 1 in 400 chance of miscarriage from amnios. That's a scary thought, but the amnio is important, and is 100 percent accurate in diagnosing abnormalities, such as Down syndrome. We are praying that Baby S is a healthy baby. That is what is most important to us.

1 comment: