Sunday, July 4, 2010

This time next year

Lately, if I am doing something special, I find myself looking forward to the next time I do it more so than being happy for the present time. For example, I really like the Fourth of July. I like watching fireworks, and being with a crowd of people who are happy celebrating our country's independence. It's rare to see people break out into a fight during a fireworks show. Usually if you look around you will see people staring up the sky and smiling, and you see children's faces filled with awe. So although I am definitely excited that today is the Fourth of July, I find myself looking more forward to next Fourth of July, because I think to myself (and sometimes aloud to Steven) "Next Fourth of July, we'll have Baby S with us."

2 comments:

  1. As you will see, the baby may or may not react to the sight of fireworks. Alyssa didn't really react to them last year. This year we know there will be a reaction to them... what kind? We'll find out in a few hours. We can see the city's fireworks display in from our 3rd floor balcony. Either way, the first July 4th w/ her was special, as I know next July 4th will be special for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as long as everyone has fun but mine is Halloween - too bad these holidays can't last longer

    ReplyDelete