Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Java, an update and registering

Every time we think Java is getting better, he seems to still to be sick. He has a big appetite again, which I think is a good sign considering a few days ago he wouldn't even go near food or water. But he is having trouble keeping some of the food down, so I am trying to only let him eat a little bit at a time. I feel so bad for our poor baby. But he is at least acting like himself and wanting to play again. A few days ago all he wanted to do was sleep, so I think he is at least getting better.

I also realized today that I never added last Friday's 18-week update about Baby S to my blog, and it's already almost time for the 19-week update. So going back to last week, Baby S was about the length of a bell pepper-- 5 1/2 inches long and weighing about 7 ounces. As of last week, she is busy flexing her arms and legs. Her blood vessels are visible through her thin skin, and her ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from her head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she's born. What I found amazing is that her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place.

Tonight we went to Buy Buy Baby and registered. It was a little overwhelming, but lots of fun. We were there for three hours. I may have to go back through our list online and delete some things, because I let Steven have control of the scanning gun, and I think he got a little "scanning happy." :)

2 comments:

  1. Poor Java :-( I hope he feels better soon. Being sick is just no fun, especially with tummy issues.

    And I love your Baby S updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't so bad but the beginning was slow and overwhelming - got better towards the end. I could not believe that there was sooo much stuff needed for a munchkin.

    On a note - penny woke us up this morning really early while Java slept

    ReplyDelete