Monday, June 7, 2010

Baby S: the size of a fig

I am a few days behind in posting, but as of Friday, apparently Baby S was the size of a fig. (I still haven't figured out why babycenter.com likes to compare babies to different size fruits as they grow.)

On Friday, Elizabeth was officially 11 weeks along, and Baby S is now almost fully formed. His or her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under the gums, and some of the bones are beginning to harden.

As for Elizabeth, she was in a hotel all weekend, but is expected to be moved into her new place by tomorrow, where we are hoping she will be comfortable and will stay for at least the remainder of the pregnancy.

I am trying to save up my questions for the attorney and call her/email her less often, because I realize we are being charged by the hour for legal fees, and every phone call and email adds up.

During our last conversation she told me that once Elizabeth is settled in her new place, with the exception of her monthly doctor appointments, things will be almost boring and there wont be so much news to report on a daily basis, and things will be almost stress-free and calm. She said at that point it becomes just a matter of waiting. I hope she is right!

No comments:

Post a Comment