Wednesday, June 30, 2010

work, work and more work

The first two stories for my newest freelance job are due on Thursday, and I have to admit that the work is kicking my butt. Covering the finance industry is more difficult than I remember, and because this is a trade publication, the economists and industry leaders reading the magazine expect to learn something new. Therefore, I have to write in a way that makes it seem like I know more than they do. This is not an easy task. The editor called me today and assigned me another story for next week, so between this, editing my magazine, and doing my freelance writing for the other newspaper for which I write, my plate is more than full right now. I am hoping I can actually pull off all of this welcomed work.

I am hoping I can continue being successful with the things I am doing, because although I am working a lot, I am able to do so on my own schedule, such as writing in the middle of the night if need be, and some days working entirely from home. My goal is to not have to put Baby S into daycare, since I have a flexible schedule. I am thinking there is a good chance I may have to give up one of my jobs once the baby is here in order to make this possible, but only time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. We know you will do well in whatever you decide. The work does keep you mind off of worry and you will appreciate it once Baby S comes on the scene !

    NC Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete