Sunday, June 27, 2010

the reason for no fruit update on Friday

As you may have noticed, I didn't mention what fruit Baby S looked like on Friday, when I do the weekly updates. This is because Elizabeth's due date has been revised again. It is now set for Dec. 17, not Dec. 10, which means she was 15 weeks pregnant as of Friday, and not 16 weeks. The 15-week update was the one I gave the previous Friday, so there is no update this week. I am told the date may change one more time when Elizabeth has the amnio next Tuesday, July 6. I'll let you know. :)

2 comments:

  1. Joyce, I am reading the Laura Bush autobiography. This quote takes me closest to what your feelings must be:
    "The English language lacks the words to mourn an absence. For the loss of a parent, grandparent, spouse, child or friend, we have all manner of words and phrases, some helpful, some not. Still, we are conditioned to say something, even it it is only "I am sorry for your loss." But for an absence, for someone who was never there at all, we are wordless to capture that particular emptiness. For those who deeply want children and are denied them, those missing babies hover like silent, ephemeral shadows over their lives. Who can describe the feel of a tiny hand that is never held?"
    Mom (the other Paula)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete