Sunday, June 13, 2010

Names and signs

We are talking more about names. Or maybe I should say that I am talking more about names. Steven often tells me that we have plenty of time to think about names. He's right of course, but I'm excited and it's way too early to shop for baby items, so since it's soon to shop for things, my excitement is being utilized in "thinking" ways. I think about what the baby's room will look like, if my job will be OK with me bringing the baby with me to work at the beginning, how our dogs and cats will react to sharing the attention with a human baby, and names.
It has gone without saying that the first name will be named after my father. His name was Seymour, so we are still thinking of "S" names. Last time we were in Barnes & Noble, we found a book of 100,00 Baby Names on one of the bargain tables. Today my mother came by to visit, and even she couldn't stop herself from picking the book off our coffee table and reading through the names. The book is great because it explains the meaning of the name, and the country from which the name stems.
We still don't know who we are going to name the middle name after. For some reason, we are having an easier time with boy names than we are with girl names. I don't know if that's a sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment