Thursday, June 24, 2010

Good news

Today I have good news to report!

First of all, we received two ultrasound pictures. You can definitely tell that it's a baby (I think that's a good start. LOL) We have not yet been told the gender, and me being the obsessive researcher that I am, found a couple of Web sites in which you can compare ultrasound photos to others that did have the gender identified. So I studied the photos on the site compared to the photos of Baby S. At first I was convinced Baby S was a girl. Then later in the day I looked again, and was convinced that Baby S was a boy. So in other words: I have no idea!! :)

Elizabeth had another ultrasound this week and the OB said the heartbeat is VERY strong. The only thing that was confusing was that the regular OB said she was 14 and a half weeks today, but according to what the high-risk OB said last week, she should be 16 weeks tomorrow. So I think there is still some confusion on the due date, which is frustrating to me.

In other good news, Elizabeth visited the Medicaid dentist, and her dental work will cost us $325, instead of $2,100. She is getting just the minimum done now, and the rest done after the baby is born. Personally. I have a huge fear of the dentist, even for things just like cleanings or getting a small cavity filled, so I asked our attorney to express my sympathy to Elizabeth for the extensive dental work she has ahead of her. The attorney said that Elizabeth was very appreciative of my words, and is extremely grateful for our help enabling her to get her dental work performed. The attorney said that Steven and I are performing a great mitzvah, not just in providing a home to a baby who needs love, but also for helping Elizabeth.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see that the Medicaid dental work will be a lot less expensive ( reminds me of our conversation regarding this and the phone). When can we see copies of the pictures - We are eagerly awaiting them. Want to see Baby S !!!!

    Love from your NC In-Laws

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was great. I never even had to suggest the Medicaid dentist actually. It was something she just went and did on her own accord.
    We'll send copies of the photos after we get the amnio results. She's having that on July 6, and it takes two weeks to get the results. I'm just a little superstitious to send the photos until we are sure everything is truly OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK fine - tell Steven that so we won't be bugging him every time he calls.

    Thanks for the car on Fathers Day. Tried it out the other day and both of us thought it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steven knows. I told him, but I'll remind him.
    I'm glad you liked the car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all in good time

    ReplyDelete