Thursday, June 3, 2010

Names and some OT stuff

I know this is a little bit off-topic, but I just got back from driving my mother to the airport. She was nervous to be flying, and seeing her nervous made me nervous. Usually we don't think of our mothers being nervous or scared. We think of them as the ones we go to when we are nervous and scared ourselves, and need comforting.
I don't have any new updates as far as our adoption journey today, except for that we've been starting to think of names. We will be finding out the gender a little later on, so really we will only need to think of one first and middle name, but we are still starting to think of both boy and girl names now anyway, even though we are getting a little bit ahead of ourselves. Following the Jewish tradition of using the first letter of someone who is deceased to honor them, we will be naming our child with a name beginning with "S" after my father. For a boy, so far our favorite name is Samuel, with the idea of calling him Sam. For a girl we are still playing around with some ideas, with some possibilities being Samantha, with Sami as a nickname, or Savannah, Skye, Scarlett or Sabrina I think, but we still have a lot of time to worry about that. That will be the fun part.

3 comments:

  1. also, please send us your names idea - no name is silly as we are considering a whole rang of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa was named after my mom. As a boy's name, I like Spencer. And for a girl's name, you can't go wrong with Sara - my late grandmother's name. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gil, so funny that you mention the name Sara. Steven and I were just talking about that name and how I forgot to add it in my post for some reason. But it is one the names we are considering if the baby is a girl. Love that name!

    ReplyDelete