Friday, June 18, 2010

stress and nerves

I've been getting headaches almost daily lately. I know stress is a big cause of headaches, so I'm not sure if it's related to stress or something else. I also haven't been sleeping well, another possible cause of headaches. It's also been extremely hot outside, and sometimes when I drink a ton of water it helps relieve the headache a little, so maybe I'm a little dehydrated. Who knows? I've been taking a lot of Advil; sometimes it helps, and sometimes it doesn't. I'm reading about magnesium or the herb Feverfew, which I've heard can help headaches naturally.

I am not blaming the adoption process for my headaches and lack of sleep, but the truth is that I am stressed about the adoption. There's no particular reason, it's just the whole process in general. I don't know what Elizabeth is doing, or how well she is taking care of herself. I am hoping she is not smoking or drinking. She was required her to have drug testing, and everything came back negative. But of course a drug test does not detect cigarettes or alcohol. If I was the one that was pregnant, I'd probably barely even be drinking a diet coke, so it's stressful for me not knowing if the woman who is carrying our child is taking care of herself.

I keep busy. I am working a lot, still decorating our new home, and spending time with family and friends. We've been trying to not spend much money, so we've also been watching a lot of movies at home instead of going to the theaters. But no matter how busy I am, Elizabeth and the baby she is carrying are ALWAYS on my mind. I think about all of the things we still have to do before the baby is born and before we can take him or her home. We have to finish writing more autobiographies, go for fingerprints, go for physicals, and prepare for the social worker who is coming to visit our house next week. I'm anxious, usually in a good way, but sometimes in a bad way where I just feel nervous.

Elizabeth has another doctor appointment in the morning. I am hoping they will soon set a day for the amnio, which is yet another cause of my nervousness. Maybe I will feel better after that is done. It will be one more hurdle crossed.

1 comment:

  1. I worry as well. The stories I hear about the mom's and what they do because they have someone else supporting them freaks me out sometimes.

    I think (hopefully) it will all end well. Test soon and we find out more

    ReplyDelete