Sunday, June 27, 2010

meeting Elizabeth

I am going to be meeting Elizabeth!! Next Tuesday, on July 6, I am going to meet her at the doctor's office when she has the amnio.

She is very nervous about having the procedure done, and our attorney is going to be out of town that week and cannot go with her. I decided to offer the idea of me being there with her, even though I am basically a stranger to her. My attorney said that Elizabeth is very happy to not be going alone, and when she found it was me that would be there, she was ecstatic. I am nervous to meet her. She wanted the attorney to give me her phone number and said I can call her any time, but the attorney suggested we wait until we meet and see how we feel. I do not know what to expect. But I am excited to be there. I am excited to be able to see our baby on the monitor when they do the ultrasound before the amnio. I am hoping to hear the heartbeat. And on that day I am expecting to learn the gender, too. I honestly do not care if Baby S is a boy or girl. I pray that he or she is healthy. That's really my only concern. It may sound crazy considering I haven't even met Elizabeth, and the due date is more than 5 months away, but I think I already love Baby S. How is that possible?

3 comments:

  1. it's possible because you are becoming a mother. . .
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am nervous as well - this test is huge for both of us

    One step closer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you! I got chills and teared up as I read your last line. I can't imagine what this journey has been like for you and Steven. I can't wait to hear more news next week. This will be Avery's first cousin! Tara

    ReplyDelete