Thursday, June 10, 2010

Forum boards

Anyone that knows me knows I am all about forum boards. I think they are great ways to get information, and to connect with people who are going through similar issues. I first became really involved with forum boards when my beautiful greyhound, Pebbles, was fighting a battle with cancer. I joined several forum boards at that time, getting tips on how to slow down the cancer process. Sadly, my 14-year-old girl passed away a little more than two years ago (I can't believe it's been that long), but I have stayed in touch with several people I "met" on those online boards, and have since joined a couple more -- one for those who have lost a pet to cancer, and another one comprised of a small group of wonderful people who are greyhound-lovers. I consider many of these people friends, even though we may not have met in person.
While we were trying to conceive, I joined boards for women who were trying to get pregnant, and later joined boards for women who were trying to conceive and having difficulty. As you may have guessed, I later joined a board for women who are in the process of adopting. Today I joined another forum board. This one is for women who are expecting children in December. They welcomed me whole-heartedly even though I myself am not pregnant.
In a weird way, I feel like I am pregnant. No, I don't have any of the physical symptoms (well maybe aside from moodiness but I always have that one.. lol.) But I feel connected to this child already. I worry how he or she is developing and growing, and am already wondering what kind of adult Baby S will grow up to become. I am filled with hopes and dreams of a beautiful family, even if it is not being created in the most traditional way.
My husband and I already feel as though we have our own little family, as we are proud parents to two dogs and four cats. We love them all immensely, while never forgetting to talk about and think about Pebbles, who was really the one that opened my heart to love these beautiful four-legged creatures.
I do not have any news specifically about Baby S today. We are still thinking about names, and trying to decide on an initial for the middle name so we can also start thinking about middle names.
I am feeling peaceful today, realizing that six and a half months will be here before we know it.

1 comment:

  1. Penny, Java, Loki, Lucky, Kitty and Shakespeare all agree that it will be a great addition to our "family"

    ReplyDelete